Awwwwwww.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Growing Boys

So cute and so big!
I am constantly amazed by how quickly these little darlings are growing. A month ago they were 8lbs 13oz (Cooper) and 9lbs 4.5oz (Tucker) and both about 21 inches long. Now they have another appointment Thursday (for shots, ouch!) and I think they have each gained at least a pound and a half. They eat and sleep and eat and sleep and when they eat it's always at least 6 oz. Tucker takes 8oz before bed at night. I can't imagine that I will be getting much sleep until they are sleeping through the night. They are each good for about six hours at night, but not at the same time. Cooper goes to bed earlier than Tucker and wakes up at 0200 or 0300 for at least an hour (he's a slow eater) and then right when my head hits the pillow, it's Tucker's turn. There was one night, last Thursday I think, that Tucker slept from 2200 (10pm) to 0600! It was great! Cooper still woke up at 0330, but only having one baby to feed in the middle of the night was awesome. I got pretty decent sleep that night. It's hard having their bedroom upstairs and the kitchen downstairs where the bottles are, but eventually we won't need to make any trips up the stairs with bottles in water to warm them. I just know that I'm going to slip and spill all over myself one of these sleepy nights. Oh well, stuff happens, right? Soon I'll be able to successfully do this in my sleep. Probably right around the time I don't have to anymore. :-p

2 comments:

Kaeli & Kyle said...

SO CUTE! Love the matching outfits! And I miss your military time at the office :) I read the July Newsletter today and it had you listed for your 2nd anniversary-- Vicky Said "too bad they dont give cash bonuses, we could keep hers!" HAHA!

Kapri said...

thanks for the update Tia they are so cute! I can't wait to meet them!