Awwwwwww.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Bottoms Up!"

Heave Ho!
Our little boys are getting so big and learning so much. They are very alert, curious little monkeys who desperately want to crawl. The best they can do so far is to hoist their tiny bottoms into the air with their faces in the carpet and push with all their might. They get about an inch away from where they were, lift their heads to see how far they got and go right back to trying to get farther. I have noticed a couple of differences in these two. Cooper is a very hands on kind of curious; reaching out and grabbing anything he finds interesting and usually trying to get it into his mouth. Tucker, on the other hand, will zero in on something that catches his eye and lean WAY over until his nose is practically touching it and try to pick it up with his eyes. He's still figuring out those "hands" thingies. Both little darlings are cutting their first tooth and letting me know frequently how uncomfortable it is. I don't think there is one thing in this house that isn't slobber soaked and taste tested. Cooper doesn't mind the taste of the teething medicine, but Tucker HATES it. He gives me the worst sour expression every time I apply it to his gums. He has learned that if he shakes his head fast enough, mommy can't catch him. He does so every time I come near him with a finger of teething gel or a nasal aspirator to clean out his nose. It makes me giggle like crazy. While being frustrating it is still unbelievably cute.
As for TK and I, we don't get as much done as we would like now that the boys are semi-mobile. They roll into and onto each other often and neither one is a big fan of that. They have also begun to form strong attachments to us, which is great, yet they know if they say "mama" in a manner pitiful enough I will come to see what is wrong. Then they beam with pride at their accomplishment of bringing mommy back.
Well, I hear a little one stirring from his nap so I'll go for now. Love to all!

2 comments:

Christine said...

You just wait until those buns get moving! It's funny how your whole perspective changes when the kids are mobile. I was always amazed at what they could get into.
Sad about the teething. I hate that part of babyhood. It seems that nothing really helped enough.

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

my heavens they are so stinkin cute!!!!!

We miss you guys! We'll be up to visit you this time around :)