Awwwwwww.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Integrity

I recently watched a short video about motivating yourself when getting healthy and exercising. The point of the video was to encourage integrity. I've always thought of myself as someone with a great deal of integrity. And I do keep my word achieve my goals......for other people. I keep promises to others, I work hard wherever I'm employed, I was always an over achiever for my teachers in school and I even make sure my kids get the most out of their childhood that I can provide. So, why did I feel chagrined by the contents of this video? Because the big point that was made was that in order to succeed in your health goals, you have to have integrity and keep promises you make to yourself! I did very well last summer staying active and even losing 12 pounds! I felt wonderful! Then the winter came and so did the snow, and the holidays, and illness and being cooped up inside all day and yadda yadda yadda. It could be said that some of the choices I made were not great. Okay they were pretty poor. Then we got our treadmill this spring! Hooray! And yet things only changed a little. I made sure that all of the things on my "to do" list were taken care of but was I even on that list? I am now and I'm determined to put a little check in the box next to the word "workout." I was very proud of myself for pushing myself for an extra 130 calories burned beyond my usual 200 last night on the treadmill. Then I examined my cereal box this morning and found that 1 cup had 200 calories before milk. Reality check. While it was better than not working out at all, I know I could have done more (I wasn't even winded). Time to stop letting myself off the hook. Here goes nothin'....well, somethin'.

No comments: