Awwwwwww.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Whew!

It's over. I didn't think I would really be too nervous when I sang on Friday, but it has been a while and my body reacted with a HUGE surge of adrenaline just as I lifted the mic to my mouth. It was a little hard to remember proper technique and breathe deeply. All my lungs seemed to want to do was gasp for air. Fortunately, years of training kicked in and about half way through the song a sort of auto-pilot engaged. It was nice. I now feel the need to write a big thank you letter to every voice teacher or coach I've had in the last 14 years. And though I started a little rocky and had no warm up or sound check, I don't think it went all that bad. Of course right after I finished I wanted to say, "wait! Do over!"
Those in the audience seemed to enjoy it (or that was courtesy applause...) and at least I finished well. With a song like the national anthem, that's all anybody really remembers anyway. :-p It felt good to exercise the ol' pipes again. I've kinda been bitten by the singing/performing bug again. I guess I've never not wanted to be performing (isn't that a double negative????), but now that the boys are getting older it seems like it might almost be a real possibility. If anyone knows of any community theater opportunities or choirs for people who are not students at "the Y" I would love to check it out. Well, gotta run for now!
Later.

P.S. I'll be putting up sewing pictures soon, I promise.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I am glad things went well. I am sure you were great! If it is your passion, I say do it! I hope you can find a place to practice and display your talents. Motherhood shouldn't be about totally losing ourselves though it can sure feel like that. :)