Awwwwwww.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Time

The summer has officially showed up here in Rexburg and there have been some fun adventures now that it's here. I don't think I have captured any of them on camera, so I'll have to start remembering to do so. We make weekly trips to the Farmer's Market (every Friday) where we almost always have to get a "flavor ice." This is the boys' term for the Snoasis shaved ice/sno cone. We always get a "glacier," which means they put ice cream in the bottom (vanilla). It is so yummy and helps cool us down when the sun is getting a little strong. There have been many a trip to the splash park and carousel at Porter Park and we ended up putting up our above ground pool. Even though I really wasn't thrilled about the idea (I had MANY reservations), the hubby set it up and filled it anyway. And though it is hard to juggle two little ones in the water, the cool water does feel rather nice on a hot day and it doesn't cost anything to go to the backyard so it's saving a little money. Very little. The cost to fill it and run the filter is not small. There is a new water park two blocks down the street--Rexburg Rapids--but you have to pay to play so we haven't tried that one yet. It looks fun though, with water slides for "big kids" and adults and wading areas for little ones.
The boys and I have a regular morning walk while it's still cool outside and though I wasn't sure the exercise was doing any good, I'm happy to report that I'm not totally mortified to be seen in my swimsuit. Granted I'm not thrilled either and will stick to the backyard until things fit a little better, but just a few months ago (October) that spandex was stretch to the brink and still wasn't keeping things where they should be. Not. Cute. I have been telling myself that my real body is in there somewhere and I'm excited to see the "extra" start to diminish.
There was a wonderful 4th of July celebration at our house yesterday and we went to the parade in the morning which was fun for the boys because they were old enough to care this year. I will hopefully be posting pictures soon! See you later!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Splash pads, Farmer's Market, a kiddie pool . . . these all sound like so much fun to me. I need to get out and take the kids to do more fun things.
Congrats on the morning exercise. Progress feels great, doesn't it?